Southern New Hampshire Health
Food Services Career Opportunities
If you are a motivated, dynamic and compassionate team player looking for a fun, fast-paced and safe work environment, we have career opportunities for you in our Food Services Department.
Ideal candidates are energetic and dependable team orientated individuals with a passion for learning and serving others. Previous experience preferred but willing to train the right candidate. Flexible schedules and advancement opportunities with GREAT benefits available!
Diet Technicians – Per Diem
Per Diem/as needed between the hours of 7am and 6pm
The Diet Technician provides food and nutrition services to patients under the supervision of a Dietitian.
- 2-year accredited Dietetic Technician program completed or 4-year Bachelor’s degree in nutrition and dietetics from an accredited program.
- Self-motivated to keep current with best practices and education for self.
- Must have basic math skills to include multiplication, addition and the use of a calculator.
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Must be able to clearly speak, read, write and comprehend English.
- Must be able to follow both written and verbal instructions.
Patient Dining Service Workers – Full & Part-time
Full-time, 40 hours with weekend rotation (plus weekend shift differential) – All Shifts
Part-time, 14 hours weekly
Assists the department through the transport, delivery and retrieval of completed food trays to patients. Solves patient/customer problems, treats patients/customer with dignity and respect, acknowledges patients/customers and responds quickly to customer needs. Prepares, delivers and picks up patient trays. Uses good customer service skills, and practices proper sanitation practices.
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred but not required.
- Must be 16 years of age or older and is able to perform basic motor functions. Basic food handling skills preferred.
- Communicates effectively with customers and co-workers, works as a team member, comprehends and communicates in English.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- 2 years of customer service required and up to 4 years of customer service preferred.
Benefits for Eligible Employees:
Insurance Coverage for You and Your Family
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Coverage
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
Building your Retirement & Financial Assistance
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- 529 College Savings Plan
- Fidelity One on One retirement assistance
- Retirement Planning Seminars
Developing Work-Life Balance
- Earned Time
- Wellness programs
- Employee Assistance Program
- Direct Deposit
- Auto / Home Insurance
- Fitness Center at our West Campus
- Wellness Workshops
- IS and Leadership Training Classes
- Employee referral bonus
Onsite Convenient Offerings
- Gift Shop
- Cafeteria and Coffee Shop
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services. We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.