SNHMC recognizes that professional development is essential to maintaining a highly educated and skilled workforce. Professional development programs provide nurses with clinical knowledge and advanced critical thinking and leadership skills. Formal nursing education and professional certification is supported and encouraged in an effort to expand current nursing knowledge that significantly improves patient outcomes and contributes to nurse satisfaction.
- Transition to Practice Program (new graduate nurses)
- Unit based Orientation
- Clinical Simulation Experiential Learning Laboratory
- Leadership Development Programs
- Critical Care Orientation
- Web –based learning modules
- Traditional Classroom programs
- Assistance for Research and Publishing
- BLS, ACLS, PALS, etc.