Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Operating Room
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Up to $7,500 Sign-On Bonus for Full-Time Positions!
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you looking to grow your career while looking for the best fit for your skills? At Southern NH Medical Center, we offer career development for not only seasoned healthcare workers but for those who are also looking to get their first step into healthcare.
See what else SNHMC has to offer!
- Health, dental, prescription and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
SNHMC has nine operation room suites, two block bays, and 10 PACU bays, and two pediatric bays (but can accommodate as many as needed). The unit has call coverage beginning after 7PM for 8-10 hour shifts. Services range from elective and non-elective procedures such as neurological, orthopedic, gynecological, urological, bariatric, colorectal, vascular, ENT, general, breast, plastics and robotics. 8-, 10- and 12-hour shifts are available.
As a member of the Surgical Services team, the Surgical Technologist identifies and prepares sterile instrumentation and equipment for surgical procedures. This role assists the surgical team with the verification process, intra-operative procedures, and case closure protocol. Depending on situations that arise in this area must respond appropriately to emergency situations. The Surgical Technologist works under the direction of the Circulator. MINIMAL CALL RESPONSIBILITIES – ONLY 10 WEEKENDS PER YEAR!
- Completion of an accredited surgical technologist program.
- NH Medical Technologist Registration required (unless other current NH state license is held). Certification as a Surgical Technologist preferred.
- Frequent use of fine motor and sensory skills.
- Ability to complete the following competencies:
- Within 30 days:
- Basic Life Support
- Within 90 days:
- Use of preference cards
- Instrument preparation
- Maintenance of sterile field
- Surgical briefings and time-outs
- Instrument safe handling
- Surgical counts
- Instrument inventory and decontamination
- Within 30 days:
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.