Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Patient Care Services
Schedule: Per Diem
At Southern New Hampshire Medical Center (SNHMC) we honor our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services. We strive to present opportunities for nursing students & rising health care professionals to continue developing the skills they need to succeed. As a staple of the Southern New Hampshire community for over 100 years, we are proud to present our Student Nurse Ambassador Program.
See what else SNHMC has to offer!
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
The student nurse associate works under the direct supervision of a registered nurse (RN) to enhance the development and acquisition of nursing knowledge and skills. The SNA provides patient care and assists the RN in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating care to selected patients.
This exclusive externship will provide nursing students with an opportunity to explore various fields of nursing at SNHMC and have paid clinical experiences before graduation. Our goal is to increase the clinical knowledge and self-confidence you will need as a new nurse, as well as developing professional skills in the areas of leadership, communication, time management, and teamwork. Successful participants receive the first choice for senior capstone experiences and priority selection into their unit of choice for post-graduation employment.
- Current enrollment in a baccalaureate nursing program at an accredited school (CCNE or NLAC)
- Completion of at least one clinical rotation
- Completion of the nursing fundamentals course
- GPA of 3.0 or greater, must provide transcript
- Two letters of recommendation, one must be from a clinical instructor
- Ability to meet all job requirements including interview process and employee physical
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification
- Intent on a nursing career at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
With open communication from all levels, and transparency and visibility from our leadership teams, our nurses are empowered to make decisions to promote patient comfort, enhance safety, and improve care, where every nurse has a voice.
Learn more about what it's like working at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.