Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Sterile Processing
Schedule: Per Diem
As a member of the Surgical Services team, the Sterile Processing Technician collects used supplies for decontamination according to Surgical Services schedule and as needed. Using manufacturers' instructions, the Sterile Processing Technician decontaminates instruments and equipment and then packages and sterilizes instrument sets. This role works in collaboration with the Surgical Services team under the direction of the Lead Technician.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Specialty certification through IAHCSAMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Services Material Management) preferred.
- Two to three years of Sterile Processing Department experience preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and technical terminology related to Sterile Processing
- Effective written and verbal skills.
Ability to achieve the following competencies within 180 days:
- Instrument decontamination
- Instrument sterilization and packaging
- Operate and troubleshoot sterilization machines
- Computerized documentation
- Quality audits
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
See some of the wonderful moments here!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.