Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Sterile Processing
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 12:30pm-9pm, rotating weekend and call
Sterile Processing Technician
Who We Are:
The Sterile Processing Department is the foundation of surgical and procedural areas within hospitals, ASC’s and clinical arenas. SPD has a strong focus on teamwork within the department and surgical services. At SNHMC we are currently servicing 25+ departments, and foundation facilities. Our department runs with three shifts during the week and rotating weekends and call for weekend coverage. With entry level positions and room for career advancement, sterile processing technicians play a critical role in the sanitation and infection control efforts of a healthcare facility.
About the Job:
As a member of the Surgical Services team, the Sterile Processing Technician collects used supplies for decontamination according to Surgical Services schedule and as needed. Using manufacturers’ instructions, the Sterile Processing Technician decontaminates instruments and equipment and then packages and sterilizes instrument sets. This role works in collaboration with the Surgical Services team under the direction of the Lead Technician.
What You’ll Do:
- Sort instruments.
- Pre-clean instruments using ultrasonic process in preparation for mechanical wash.
- Operate mechanical washer.
- Inspect instruments for functionality and recommends replacement as needed.
- Assemble instrument trays according to count sheets.
- Select appropriate sterilization process.
- Wrap and packages instrument sets.
Who You Are:
- High School Graduate or GED
- Knowledge of medical terminology and technical terminology related to Sterile Processing
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Within 180 days: Instrument decontamination, Instrument sterilization and packaging, Operate and troubleshoot sterilization machines, Computerized documentation, Quality audits
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Southern NH Medical Center is a 4-time Magnet designated hospital
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid training courses for continued career progression
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.