Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Accounting – Nashua NH
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
Under the direction of the System Director of Reimbursement, provides support for Medicare/Medicaid matters, cost reports, and other regulatory filings for the Southern NH Health. Prepares monthly financial close entries related to contractual allowances, charity care, and bad debt. Performs analysis and modeling of the organization’s NH Medicaid Enhancement Tax and Disproportionate Share Program. Under the direction of the Controller, coordinates the annual budget process of Southern NH Health.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Employees are expected to work consistently to demonstrate the mission, vision, beliefs, core values and standards of behavior of the organization.
- Researches and interprets Medicare/Medicaid regulations and determines impact on entities within organization. Ensures that organization complies with federal and state reimbursement methodologies.
- Files annual cost reports and other regulatory filings such as the occupational mix survey, wage index filing. Responsible for any audits associated with such filings.
- Calculates the reserves for contractual allowances and uncompensated care. Maintains reserve model on a regular basis and verifies the accuracy of its data.
- Responsible for the adequacy of the third-party settlement reserve accounts.
- Coordinates the annual operating and capital budget process. Provides training and support for the budgeting software system, working with department managers and ensures budgets are updated and accurate.
- Consolidates the Health System Budget.
- Responsible for Hospital statistical reporting and associated revenue analysis.
- Maintains software program used to produce Medicare/Medicaid cost reports.
- Prepares data and annual calculations for DSH and MET, both preliminary estimates and final settled amounts.
- Prepares and responds to year-end financial audits independent auditors.
- Prepares annual cost reports and other regulatory filings associated with reimbursement.
- Calculates the reserves for contractual allowances and uncompensated care.
- Prepares data and annual calculations for DSH and MET.
- Coordinates the annual operating and capital budget process.
- Prepares hospital statistic reports.
Minimally required: Bachelor's degree in account or finance.
Preferred: MBA in finance or accounting.
Minimally required: Minimum of 5 years performing duties similar to those described above.
Preferred: Experience working with CMS or a CMS fiscal intermediary.
Minimally required: Strong familiarity with Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
Preferred: Multiple years experience working with Medicare and Medicaid regulations
Minimally required: Intermediate level of Excel, Word and Powerpoint expertise.