Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Inpatient Speech Therapy
Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: Weekend and variable weekday
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
See some of the wonderful moments here!
Provides speech language pathology services to inpatients and/or outpatients adults.
· Graduate of accredited school of speech and language pathology.
· Current (or pending) licensure in speech and language pathology in the State of New Hampshire.
· Must hold a Certificate of Clinical Competence awarded by ASHA (CCC-SLP).
· CPR Certification preferred.
· Experience with Modified Barium Swallow for Inpatient SLP preferred.
· Understanding of professional code of ethics and standards of practice.
· Possesses time management skills. Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Basic computer skills.
· Sufficient strength, mobility, visual and auditory acuity to ably guard and potentially support patients while ambulating on flat surfaces and stairs.
· Sufficient dexterity and psychomotor skills to operate common PT/OT/ST equipment as needed.
· Physical and emotional ability to respond rationally to emergency patient care needs, e.g., initiate evacuation procedures.
· Visual, auditory and communication capabilities sufficient to read information and respond to written and auditory input.
· Cognitive ability to observe, perform, interpret and analyze evaluations and treatments as they relate to patient care.
· Ability to manage time and priorities effectively.
· Ability to work in demanding, stressful environment with sufficient concentration to complete patient treatment goals even with interruptions and distractions.
· Demonstrates professional conduct, appearance and communication.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.