Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Laboratory Services – Nashua NH
Schedule: Per Diem
Southern NH Medical Center
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire.
The Specimen Processor/Phlebotomist performs duties of Patient Registration, Central Processing and Phlebotomy. The incumbent will also perform specimen collection, receiving and distribution of specimens to the appropriate technical departments and will perform documentation of quality exceptions according to Laboratory protocol.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred.
- Computer and /or keyboarding experience required.
- A minimum of one-three years of Laboratory experience preferred.
- Medical terminology required.
- Computer proficiency required.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Detail oriented, flexible, adaptable to change.
- Proven excellent customer service skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently, and make appropriate decisions following Laboratory guidelines.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.