Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Patient & Family Services
Schedule: Per Diem
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you looking to grow your career while looking for the best fit for your skills? At Southern NH Medical Center, we offer career development for not only seasoned healthcare workers but for those who are also looking to get their first step into healthcare.
See what else SNHMC has to offer!
- Health, dental, prescription and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
The Social Worker assesses and evaluates the patient’s health status and patient’s/family’s significant other’s response to illness and provides supportive counseling and community resource referrals. He/She collaborates with the care team to educate patients and their families on advanced directives, coping strategies, housing, guardianship and community services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work required, Masters preferred.
- Professional certification in social work and LICSW licensure or additional certifications are preferred but not required.
- Experience in conducting patient assessments and providing patient supportive services required. Minimum of two years acute care/medical-surgical experience preferred.
With open communication from all levels, transparency, and visibility from our leadership teams, our nurses are empowered to make decisions to promote patient comfort, enhance safety, and improve care, where every nurse has a voice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.