Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Patient & Family Services
Schedule: Full-time 36-40 hours
Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Inpatient Behavioral Health Social Worker cares for adult patients with acute and chronic psychiatric disorders; maintains a safe patient care environment; assesses and evaluates the patient's health status and patient/family significant other's response to illness. Coordinates and guides plans of care to expedite recovery and discharge of patient. The Inpatient Behavioral Health Social Worker works under the direction of the Registered Nurse and is accountable to the Director of the Behavioral Health Unit. The Inpatient Behavioral Health Social Worker successfully completes a competency based orientation program to become proficient in serving the Behavioral Health patient population.
· Delivers care by utilizing a patient-centered approach incorporating the Professional Practice Model.
· Provides patient-centered care through teamwork and collaboration to achieve quality patient outcomes.
· Integrates best practices and current evidence-based practices for delivery of optimal health care.
· Utilizes data to improve quality and safety.
· Incorporates informatics and technology to communicate, manage information, mitigate errors, and support decision making.
· Master's Degree in Social Work
· Minimum of two years acute care experience preferred.
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Ability to achieve the following competencies:
Within 30 days:
o Milieu management
o Abuse reporting
o Behavioral Health Emergency Response Team
o Facilitation of case conference/family meetings
o Applications: financial support/prescription assistance
o Referrals to community resources
Within 90 days:
o Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.