Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: 4 East – Med/Surg Telemetry
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Hours: Varied, 36 hours/week
Southern New Hampshire Health Transition into Practice Nurse Residency
Southern New Hampshire Health offers new graduates nurses a Best Match Program, which provides new nurses with experience working on four different adult inpatient units: oncology, neurology/orthopedics, telemetry, and telemetry/stroke. After spending time on each unit, participants will apply for a position on the unit that is the best fit for them.
You will participate in the following opportunities during your residency:
- Trained nurse preceptors who guide your unit orientation
- Debriefing sessions with other new graduate RNs
- Classroom discussions lead by experienced Nurse Educators that enhance clinical knowledge and critical thinking
- Case studies that provide real-life examples of medical issued faced by patients on your unit
- Skill review sessions that allow additional opportunities for “hands-on” practice
- Online learning programs and computer simulations that supplement skill development
- High and low fidelity simulations that provide a safe environment to practice and refine clinical skills, decision-making and prioritization
All while supported by a four-time Magnet® organization!
- Associate Degree Science (ADN/ASN), Baccalaureate in Nursing or higher nursing degree within ten-years.
- Current New Hampshire temporary Registered Nurse licensure. This status is maintained from date of hire until the issuance of a permanent license by the New Hampshire Board of Nursing. If the temporary license becomes inactive, due to failure of the NCLEX examination, the employee will no longer be eligible to remain in the Graduate Nurse position.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
About Southern New Hampshire Health:
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
If you are interested in joining a 4-time Magnet® organization, then Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, is the place for you. There are many options to practice throughout our 188-bed acute care facility. Our state-of-the-art units provide a wide array of equipment and patient acuity depending on your professional interests, certifications, and experience level.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.