Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Emergency Department – Nashua NH
Schedule: Per diem
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You’ll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
As a member of the Patient Care Services Team, Emergency Services Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) manages the medical, legal, and psychosocial needs of sexual assault victims. The SANE nurse works under the direction of a medical provider.
· Associate Degree Science (ADN).
· Completion of BSN or other higher nursing degree required by 2020.
· Trained in an approved SANE training program in NH within the past 5 years.
· Current NH licensure as a Registered Nurse.
· Three years nursing experience.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills.
· Able to successfully complete a competency based orientation program to become proficient in serving the sexual assault, domestic violence, adult and pediatric patient population.
· Ability to plan and organize work autonomously.
· Ability to achieve the following competencies within 180 days:
- Three supervised competent pelvic exams
- Presentation of the three completed cases at SANE staff meeting for review by physician coordinator
- o Approval by the physician coordinator to perform exams independently
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.