Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Accounting – Nashua NH
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
Process documentation necessary to prepare accurate and timely corporate financial reports. Develop and analyze various types of reports and reporting tools as directed by Accounting Manager. Formulate periodic reports and analysis related to financial data.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required. Master's degree in Business or related field preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- 3-5 years of Accounting experience with management responsibilities. Prior experience in healthcare accounting preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting principles related to GAAP is required, as well as knowledge of financial statement preparation and variance analysis. Individual must be proficient in financial reporting and possess the ability to perform analysis at various levels.
- Intermediate skill level with MS Excel is required.
- Able to work with computers and perform data entry is required, as well as the ability to multitask and prioritize assignments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares and enters journal entries and assists in the monthly closing process of the Medical Center and affiliated organizations.
- Prepare the monthly financial package for SNHHS.
- Prepare the monthly financial presentations for SNHHS and SolutioNHealth.
- Prepare the monthly FTE report.
- Prepares a wide range of accounting documents including surveys, IRS forms 990 and 990-T, and tax-exempt bond filings.
- Load budgets and statistics into the financial systems.
- Prepares, reviews, and maintains daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reconciliations, to support various general ledger account.
- Prepare the monthly departmental analysis and work with organizational leaders to determine the cause.
- Assist in the interim and annual financial audits.
- Maintain physician stipend schedule and associated payouts.
- Prepare ad-hoc analysis as needed.
- Assists other accounting staff and manager.
- Analyzes and resolves technical financial issues
- Applies accounting principles and procedures to a variety of transactions
- Prepares accurate and complete accounting transactions
- Research data and prepare clear and concise financial reports.