Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Security – West Campus
Schedule: Part Time
Up to a $1,000 Sign-On Bonus for Full-time Employees
Who We Are:
Southern NH Medical Center has been in the heart of Nashua for more than 100 years. The medical center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of Southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
About the Job:
Our Main Campus and West Campus have security guards on duty 24-hours a day, 7-days a week.
Provides a safe and secure patient care environment by conducting safety/security rounds, emergency/crisis management, access control and prevention of crimes against people and property.
What You’ll Do:
- Conducts Security/Safety rounds of the facility twice during shift. Document’s findings, identifies and corrects discrepancies and hazards, and tests alarm systems.
- Assists in the management of aggressive/combative patients. Assists licensed clinical staff in application of restraints. Monitors high-risk patients awaiting disposition in the ED. Understands and accordingly applies Medical Center’s “Use of Force” policy.
- Provides required documentation of security department incidents and activity. Describes and produces clear, concise reports of an incident and records in a daily activity log.
- Facilitates use of emergency evacuation heliport and understands policies governing use. Uses knowledge of ground safety training as required.
- Acts as first responder for Hazardous Material emergencies. Conducts immediate assessment of situation, isolates hazard appropriately, and activates outside resources (NPD/NFR) as needed.
Who You Are:
- High school graduate required.
- Must acquire key personal safety skills within 90 days of employment (i.e., handcuff, pepper spray, crisis intervention). Must have or be able to attend CPI training program.
- Must have valid driver’s license for mobile patrol of facility
- One to two years of related security experience.
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Strategic Balance: We acknowledge the importance of work-life equilibrium and offer an environment that respects your commitments both within and outside the workplace.
- Professional Advancement: Join an organization that actively fosters your professional development. We provide opportunities for skill enhancement, learning from industry leaders, and refining your managerial acumen.
- Recognition and Appreciation: Your contributions are celebrated here. We acknowledge milestones, applaud achievements, and recognize the pivotal role each team member plays in our shared success.
At Southern NH Health, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefit’s eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
- Health, dental, prescription and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
- & So much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.