Foundation Medical Partners
Department: MGH GYN/Oncology
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Affiliated with Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, Foundation Medical Partners is the second largest multi-specialty group in New Hampshire and serves the greater Nashua community. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
We invite you to join our incredible team!
As part of the SolutionHealth Cancer Institute, we offer individualized, compassionate care with physicians from one of the top ranked cancer centers in the country, at a convenient location for the members of our community. As we partner with Mass General physicians and our own team of oncologists, we offer women access to the most advanced treatment options for all gynecologic cancers including; cervical, endometrial, ovarian, uterine, vaginal and vulvar. Our practice offers the opportunity for a career working with some of the leading specialists in the field of gynecologic oncology, to gain incredible knowledge and experience without the drive to Boston.
The role of the oncology resource nurse along the continuum of care is bi-dimensional in nature with a patient-centered (advocate, empowerment with education, and psychosocial support) and health system (member of the multidisciplinary team) orientation to deliver timely, seamless care. Across the care continuum, the role of the oncology resource nurse is to identify and address barriers to care (utilizing the 5 steps of the nursing process); empower patients with appropriate education and awareness of health literacy so they can make informed decisions; offer psychosocial support and access to resources; advocate for the unique needs with a cultural awareness of each patient regarding the use of facility and community resources; encourage patients to be engaged in their care planning; streamline care path transitions and logistic issues (diagnosis, treatment, survivorship, and end of life); and liaise between clinical and nonclinical specialists in the multidisciplinary care team.
· Associate of Science in Nursing (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
· Registered Nurse with current NH or compact state license.
· Certifications: Current BLS/CPR training.
· One year professional nursing experience
· Skilled in appropriate use of standard precautions, safe workplace and confidentiality methods.
· Skilled at tactful and diplomatic interpersonal communication and conflict resolution.
· Time management skills and ability to prioritize daily workflow.
· Caring, sympathetic, responsible, and detail oriented.
· Ability to adapt to changing environments and assist other offices as requested by manager.
· Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.