Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: 4 East – Med/Surg Telemetry
Schedule: 7:00pm – 7:30am, EOW
Hours: 36 hours/week
NIGHTS | 7:00p – 7:30A | 36 HOURS/WEEK | SIGN ON BONUS UP TO $15,000
RESOURCE NURSE – MED/SURG TELEMETRY 4 EAST
Who We Are:
4 East is a 31-bed adult med/surg telemetry unit serving a patient population of cardiac, catherization recovery, stroke, pulmonary embolism, diabetic and endocrine disorders, neurological and renal disorders.
About the Job:
The Resource Nurse directly oversees their designated unit’s operational flow on a particular shift. The Resource RN develops staff patient assignments based on staff competency, acuity, and volume. The role coordinates patient care activities and the staffing plan of a particular shift to maintain patient safety. They serve as a role model and resource for the team providing guidance and assistance in delivering quality care to patients. The Resource RN collaborates with the Clinical Nurse Manager to ensure adequate resources are available.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure unit-based practice guidelines and competencies are current.
- Maintain unit-based compliance with organizational, professional, and regulatory standards.
- Promote professional and regulatory knowledge to evaluate effectiveness of care delivery.
- For assigned shift, set team expectations regarding model and delivery of care.
- Assess and implement priority-based nursing care and establish goals to meet the patient’s needs.
- Integrate patient values, best practice, and evidence into patient care.
- Engage patients and/or families in the care delivery.
- Function competently within own scope of practice.
- Utilize a communication style/practice to meet the needs of the team and/or the situation.
- Delegate care activities to patient care team.
Who You Are:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing (ASN or BSN)
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the state of NH
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive clinical experience in acute care, cardiac telemetry and/or specialty area required.
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Southern NH Medical Center is a 4-time Magnet designated hospital
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid training courses for continued career progression
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.