Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: 3 East – Med/Surg Neuro/Orthopedics
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Hours: 7:00p-7:30a, every other weekend, 36 hours/week
This fast-paced unit provides outstanding nursing care to our pre- and post-op surgical specialties and diagnoses related to gastroenterology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and other medical conditions. These patients are admitted as inpatients, outpatients, or observation patients and are predominantly adults, though some older pediatric patients may be admitted to the unit based on their care needs and in consultation with the pediatric medical staff. Our 3 East staff demonstrate a strong work ethic based in teamwork, respect, and the desire to provide a higher level of culturally competent care to our patients.
Our Resource Nurse is the frontline of our Inpatient leadership team having direct oversight of the operational flow of the unit. The Resource RN develops staff patient assignments based on staff competency, patient acuity and volume and acts as a role model and resource for the team. This nurse works directly with the Clinical Nurse Manager to oversee the coordination of patient care activities and overall staffing plan to maintain patient safety.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required, Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current New Hampshire licensure as a Registered Nurse required, specialty certification within four (4) years of hire preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years of progressive clinical experience in acute care and/or specialty area required.
- Maintain professional and regulatory knowledge to evaluate effectiveness of care delivery.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, leadership and mentoring skills.
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Within 90-days:
- Clinical nurse competencies (per unit based RN job description)
- Staff assignment
- Resource management
- Within 180-days:
- Conflict management
- Interviewing, counseling and performance management
- Performance improvement education
- Service recovery
- Within 90-days:
About Southern New Hampshire Health:
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.