Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: The Birth Place
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Up to $10,000 Sign-on Bonus for Full-Time Positions
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you looking to grow your career while looking for the best fit for your skills? At Southern NH Medical Center, we offer career development for not only seasoned healthcare workers but for those who are also looking to get their first step into healthcare.
See what else SNHMC has to offer!
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
The Birth Place is a 19-room labor, delivery and post-partum department that cares for 1,200-1,300 babies and their families annually throughout their stay at the Medical Center. The Birth Place is staffed 24/7 by Obstetricians and Certified Midwives. With collaboration with our Level II special care nursery just down the hall & specialized operating rooms and advanced technology for those needing C-Sections, our robust staff is prepared to design, coordinate and deliver care to the antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum woman and her family.
The Birth Place at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center is designed with family in mind, including spacious, private rooms that are filled with natural light and all the comforts of home. We strive to give all birth experiences the care and attention they deserve to make it a special one. We provide a warm and caring environment where a family can feel at ease. Our beautiful surroundings include spacious and private birthing suites for labor, delivery, recovery, and post-partum (after birth) stay.
- Current NH licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Baccalaureate in nursing and/or Board certification strongly preferred
- Recent nursing experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Basic Life Support, Neonatal Resuscitation Program
- Intravenous therapy
- Labor and delivery triage
- Post-anesthesia care
- Electronic fetal monitoring
- Circulating cesarean-sections
- Care for antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum patients
- Newborn assessment and care
With open communication from all levels and transparency and visibility from our leadership teams, our nurses are empowered to make decisions to promote patient comfort, enhance safety, and improve care, where every nurse has a voice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.