Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Schedule: PER DIEM
As a member of the Surgery Center of Greater Nashua, the Pre-Admissions Registered Nurse cares for patients of all ages scheduled for surgical, invasive or non-invasive procedures requiring anesthesia. The RN uses informatics and technology to communicate, manage information, mitigate errors, and support decision-making. The Pre-Admission RN conducts patient interviews and obtains anesthesia clearance for all ambulatory surgery patients scheduled for procedure/surgery prior to their date of service to prevent cancelations and delays. The Registered Nurse will deliver nursing care by utilizing a patient-centered approach incorporating the Professional Practice Model; will provide patient-centered care through teamwork and collaboration to achieve quality patient outcomes; will integrate best practices and current evidence-based practices for delivery of optimal healthcare; and will utilize data to improve quality and safety.
- Associate Degree in Nursing required.
- BSN required by within 10 years.
- Current NH license as a Registered Nurse required.
- Board certification preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing required.
- Recent nursing experience in a surgical or procedural area preferred.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to achieve the following competencies within 90-days:
- Conduct pre-procedure phone interview.
- Provide pre/post-procedure specific education.
- Provide anesthesia education.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments and incoming information.
About Southern NH Medical Center
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.