Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: Varied 6am-2:30pm thru 12pm-8:30pm Monday – Friday .
Registered Nurse- Pre-Op/PACU
Who We Are:
SNHMC has nine operating room suites, 25 pre-op/PACU bays, and a sterile processing department. Hours are flexible, with 8-, 10-, and 12-hour day shifts available. The OR has a dedicated call team Sunday through Thursday nights beginning at 7PM, making OR call minimal. Services range from elective and non-elective procedures, including neurological, orthopedic, gynecological, urological, bariatric, colorectal, vascular, ENT, general, breast, and plastics. Surgical services are growing and evolving, utilizing the latest technology for the wide variety of procedures we perform. The OR also offers Periop-101 and advancements.
About the Job:
PACU Registered Nurse cares/monitors patients (6 months to geriatric) who are recovering from a surgical, invasive or electroconvulsive therapy procedure that received some form of anesthesia (general, regional or local) in the outpatient or inpatient setting. The PACU RN responsibilities include all aspects of patient care following surgery including monitoring vital signs, continual reassessment, wound care, management of pain and nausea, and education of patients and their family about homecare instructions. The Registered Nurse is accountable to the Unit Director.
What You’ll Do:
- Delivers nursing care by utilizing a patient-centered approach incorporating the Professional Practice Model.
- Provides patient-centered care through teamwork and collaboration to achieve quality patient outcomes.
- Integrates best practices and current evidence-based practices for delivery of optimal health care.
- Utilizes data to improve quality and safety.
- Incorporates informatics and technology to communicate, manage information, mitigate errors, and support decision making.
Who You Are:
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing with AND
- 1-2 years medical, surgical or telemetry nursing experience
- Current NH licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Within 30 days: Basic Life Support
- Within 90 days: Pre-anesthesia care for patients aged 6 months through adulthood, Post-anesthesia care for patients aged 6 months through adulthood with a focus on the management of airway, pain and post-op nausea and vomiting, Intravenous Therapy, Manage and assist patients receiving commonly used anesthesia techniques (general, regional, local, MAC)
- Within 180 days: Pre-, intra-, post-procedural care of patients undergoing electroconvulsive therapy, Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Basic Dysrhythmia
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Southern NH Medical Center is a 4-time Magnet designated hospital
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid training courses for continued career progression
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.