Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Operating Room
Hours: 40 HOURS/WEEK
Registered Nurse- Operating Room
Who We Are:
SNHMC has nine operating room suites, 25 pre-op/PACU bays, and a sterile processing department. Hours are flexible, with 8-, 10-, and 12-hour day shifts available. The OR has a dedicated call team Sunday through Thursday nights beginning at 7PM, making OR call minimal. Services range from elective and non-elective procedures, including neurological, orthopedic, gynecological, urological, bariatric, colorectal, vascular, ENT, general, breast, and plastics. Surgical services are growing and evolving, utilizing the latest technology for the wide variety of procedures we perform. The OR also offers Periop-101 and advancements.
About the Job:
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Operating Room Registered Nurse (OR RN) cares for patients aged 6 months through adulthood who require surgical/invasive interventions under one of the various types of anesthesia. Nursing care is delivered utilizing a patient-centered approach and incorporating the Professional Practice Model. The OR RN provides patient-centered care through teamwork and collaboration to achieve quality patient outcomes. He/She integrates best practices and current evidence-based practices for delivery of optimal health care. The OR RN uses data to improve quality and safety and uses informatics and technology to communicate, manage information, mitigate errors, and support decision making.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver nursing care by utilizing a patient-centered approach incorporating the Professional Practice Model.
- Provide patient-centered care through teamwork and collaboration to achieve quality patient outcomes.
- Integrate best practices and current evidence-based practices for delivery of optimal health care.
- Utilize data to improve quality and safety.
- Incorporate informatics and technology to communicate, manage information, mitigate errors, and support decision making.
Who You Are:
- Graduate from an accredited school with an AND
- Registered Nurse with the state of NH or compact state
- Maintains professional nursing practice and attends educational conferences to keep abreast of current trends and best practices.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to achieve unit specific competencies by identified time line in Appendix for specific unit.
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Within 30 Days: Basic Life Support
- Within 90 Days: Safe Care & Handling of Surgical Equipment, Decontamination of Surgical Instrumentation, Scrubbing/Gowning/Gloving, Aseptic Technique, Circulating General Cases, Set up of OR Equipment (Microscope (surgical), Surgical light systems, Electrosurgical Units, Lasers, Orthopedic Systems, Specialty Surgery Tables)
- Within 180 Days: Circulating Specialties (ENT/Plastics/Eyes, Vascular, Orthopedics/Neurological, Gynecological/Genitourinary), Robotics Surgeries
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Southern NH Medical Center is a 4-time Magnet designated hospital
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid training courses for continued career progression
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.