Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: 3 West – Med/Surg Oncology
REGISTERED NURSE – MED/SURG 3 WEST
Who We Are:
3 West is a 22-bed adult med/surg department serving a patient population of general medicine, vascular, GI, bariatric, urology, women’s health, oncology and chemotherapy administration and palliative care.
Average Patient: Nurse ratio – 5:1 days, 6:1 nights
About the Job:
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the 3 West Registered Nurse provides comprehensive and compassionate nursing care to adolescent and adult patients with a variety of medical and surgical diagnoses with a focus on with a variety of medical/surgical diagnoses with a with a focus on vascular, colo-rectal, gynecological and urological surgeries and oncology therapies. The registered nurse successfully completes a competency based orientation program to become proficient in serving the 3 West patient population.
What You’ll Do:
- Assess and implements priority-based nursing care and establish goals to meet the patient’s needs.
- Integrate patient values, best practice, and evidence into patient care.
- Engage patients and/or families in the care delivery.
- Function competently within own scope of practice.
- Utilize a communication style/practice to meet the needs of the team and/or the situation.
Who You Are:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing (ASN or BSN)
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the state of NH
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Within 30 days: Basic Life Support
- Within 90 days: Intravenous Therapy, Pre-and post-operative management of the surgical patient, Central Line Management
- Within 180 days: General care of the oncology patient, Palliative Care
- Within two (2) years: · Chemotherapy Administration (Oncology Nursing Society program)
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Southern NH Medical Center is a 4-time Magnet designated hospital
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid training courses for continued career progression
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.