Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: 3 East – Med/Surg Neuro/Orthopedics
Schedule: Per Diem
REGISTERED NURSE – MED/SURG 3 EAST
Who We Are:
3 East is a 30-bed adult med/surg department serving a patient population that consists of orthopedics, neurosurgical and general medicine and general surgical.
Average Patient: Nurse ratio – 5:1 days, 6:1 nights
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse delivers nursing care by utilizing a patient-centered approach incorporating the Professional Practice Model, providing patient-centered care through teamwork and collaboration to achieve quality patient outcomes.
What You’ll Do:
- Assess and implements priority-based nursing care and establish goals to meet the patient’s needs.
- Integrate patient values, best practice, and evidence into patient care.
- Engage patients and/or families in the care delivery.
- Function competently within own scope of practice.
- Utilize a communication style/practice to meet the needs of the team and/or the situation.
Who You Are:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing (ASN or BSN)
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the state of NH
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Within 30 days: Basic Life Support
- Within 90 days: Intravenous Therapy, Pre-and post-operative management of the general surgical patient, Care of the orthopedic patient, Care of the neuro-spine patient, Central Line Management
- Within 180 days: Assemble, maintain and troubleshoot orthopedic devices equipment
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Southern NH Medical Center is a 4-time Magnet designated hospital
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid training courses for continued career progression
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.