Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Endoscopy/ACU – Nashua NH
Schedule: Full Time
Registered Nurse- Endoscopy
Who We Are:
As a part of SNHMC Surgical Services, the Endoscopy unit has multiple procedure rooms where staff perform between 12-28 outpatient (80%) and inpatient (20%) procedures per day. Procedures include GI, pulmonology, and outpatient bone marrow biopsies, with most patients receiving anesthesia. The team works flexible shifts and take call shifts to provide care on an emergent basis to our community.
About the Job:
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Endoscopy Registered Nurse cares for adolescent and adult patients undergoing respiratory and gastrointestinal endoscopic procedures or minor surgical procedures requiring procedural sedation or anesthesia. The registered nurse successfully completes a competency based orientation program to become proficient in serving the inpatient and outpatient population requiring endoscopy procedures.
What You’ll Do:
- Delivers nursing care by utilizing a patient-centered approach incorporating the Professional Practice Model.
- Provides patient-centered care through teamwork and collaboration to achieve quality patient outcomes.
- Integrates best practices and current evidence-based practices for delivery of optimal health care.
- Utilizes data to improve quality and safety.
- Incorporates informatics and technology to communicate, manage information, mitigate errors, and support decision making.
Who You Are:
- ADN Required
- Registered Nurse with active license for state of NH or compact state
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Within 30 Days: Basic Life Support, Independent/competent with patient care in Admission and Recovery areas
- Within 90 Days: Independent/competent with patient care in procedural area, Independent/competent with patient care in procedural area, Airway Management, Procedural Sedation & Analgesia, Basic Rhythm Interpretation, Setup and maintenance of endoscopy and minor surgical equipment, Endoscope reprocessing, Specimen Collection and Retrieval
- Within 180 Days: Maintain and troubleshoot endoscopy/procedural equipment, Competent to assist in either circulator or technical role with Emergent and complex procedures (i.e. ERCP, Bronchoscopy, EBUS, etc.)
- Within 1 year: Proficient in routine GI procedures, Proficient in both circulator and technical role for Emergent and complex procedures (i.e. ERCP, Bronchoscopy, EBUS, etc.)
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Southern NH Medical Center is a 4-time Magnet designated hospital
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid training courses for continued career progression
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.