Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Emergency Department
Schedule: 7:00am – 7:30pm, EOW
Hours: Rotating Days 7a-7:30p EOW
REGISTERED NURSE – EMERGENCY PSYCH DEPARTMENT
Who We Are:
The Emergency Department of SNHMC provides culturally competent care to the diverse population of Southern New Hampshire with a 30-bed, critical care unit. In addition to supporting the community as a Level III Trauma Center, and Primary Accredited Stroke Facility, the ED has taken proactive steps to provide safe care to our psychiatric population through the implementation of a 6-bed secured intradepartmental unit. With increased patient volumes and higher acuity, the ED is prepared to accommodate additional patients through utilization of hallway beds and a triage fast-track area. We support and take pride in providing numerous educational opportunities for our staff to pursue board certifications and higher education in addition to the advanced technical skills they provide, such as ultrasound guided IV placement and arterial IV line management. Our robust staff of nurses, paramedics, LNAs and Health Unit Coordinators work 12-hour shifts around the clock to provide a continuous higher level of care to our community
About the Job:
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the ED Psychiatric Registered Nurse cares for patients ranging from adolescents to adults with acute and/or chronic psychiatric disorders. The registered nurse successfully completes a competency based orientation program to become proficient in serving the Behavioral Health patient population.
What You’ll Do:
- Assess and implements priority-based nursing care and establish goals to meet the patient’s needs.
- Integrate patient values, best practice, and evidence into patient care.
- Engage patients and/or families in the care delivery.
- Function competently within own scope of practice.
- Utilize a communication style/practice to meet the needs of the team and/or the situation.
- Delegate care activities to patient care team.
- Collaborate with other disciplines to provide the patient with comprehensive care.
Who You Are:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing (ASN or BSN)
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the state of NH
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Within 30 days: Basic Life Support, Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB)
- Within 90 days: Intravenous Therapy, Suicide Risk Assessment, Psychopharmacology
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Southern NH Medical Center is a 4-time Magnet designated hospital
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid training courses for continued career progression
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.