Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Behavioral Health – West Campus Nashua NH
Schedule: Per Diem
Registered Nurse- Behavioral Health Unit
Who We Are:
Within Southern NH Medical Centers Behavioral Health Unit we understand the important connection between physical, mental, and emotional well-being and have the resources to support our community through inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services, from emergency care, to intensive outpatient programs. This 18-bed voluntary unit serves as an essential healing process within our community.
About the Job:
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit Registered Nurse cares for patients ranging from adolescents to adults with acute and acute on chronic psychiatric disorders. The registered nurse successfully completes a competency based orientation program to become proficient in serving the Behavioral Health patient population.
What You’ll Do:
- Delivers nursing care by utilizing a patient-centered approach incorporating the Professional Practice Model.
- Provides patient-centered care through teamwork and collaboration to achieve quality patient outcomes.
- Integrates best practices and current evidence-based practices for delivery of optimal health care
- Utilizes data to improve quality and safety
- Incorporates informatics and technology to communicate, manage information, mitigate errors, and support decision making
Who You Are:
- Current NH licensure as a Registered Nurse
- ADN required
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Within 30 days:
- Basic Life Support Within 90 days
- Intravenous Therapy
- Suicide Risk Assessment
- Within 180 days:
- Behavioral Emergency Management (BRRT) ·
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB)
- Milieu management and group facilitation
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short-term, long-term disability, life & pet insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement savings plans
- Continuous earned time accrual
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.