Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Behavioral Health Unit
Schedule: PER DIEM
Up to $10,000 Sign-on Bonus for Full-Time Positions
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you looking to grow your career while looking for the best fit for your skills? At Southern NH Medical Center, we offer career development for not only seasoned healthcare workers but for those who are also looking to get their first step into healthcare.
See what else SNHMC has to offer!
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Inpatient Behavioral Health Unit Registered Nurse cares for patients 18 years of age or older with acute and/or chronic psychiatric disorders. The Behavioral Health Unit is an 18–bed adult behavioral health unit serving a patient population that is voluntarily admitted for mental illness with or without co-occurring medical diagnoses, averaging a one-week length of stay.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current NH licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Within 30 days:
- Basic Life Support
- Within 90 days:
- Intravenous Therapy
- Suicide Risk Assessment
- Within 180 days:
- Behavioral Emergency Management (BRRT)
- Management of Aggressive Behavior (MOAB)
- Milieu management and group facilitation
With open communication from all levels and transparency and visibility from our leadership teams, our nurses are empowered to make decisions to promote patient comfort, enhance safety, and improve care, where every nurse has a voice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.