Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Quality Management
Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:00pm
The QM Coordinator Clinical is responsible for overall coordination of hospital quality assessment and performance improvement activities. This position requires interaction with internal and external customers including medical staff, administration, department directors and managers, employees, patients, visitors and external contacts.
- BSN required.
- Current NH licensure as a Registered Nurse, CPHQ preferred.
- Minimum of five years clinical experience in a Nursing role and three years experience in quality improvement efforts or similar.
- Working knowledge of Continuous Process Improvement and Lean methods and concepts required. Working knowledge of statistical methods and information display preferred.
- Strong project management and organizational skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft apps including but not limited to Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience interacting with all levels of employees throughout the organization, including Medical Staff and employees.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.