Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Laboratory Services – Nashua NH
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
** $1500 SIGN ON BONUS **
Performs duties of Patient Registration, Central Processing and Phlebotomy. Performs specimen collection, receiving and distribution of specimens to the appropriate technical departments. Performs documentation of quality exceptions according to Laboratory protocol.
Essential job functions
- Collect, receive, and sort specimens
- Draw blood using proper technique. Responsible for accurate patient identification
- Accurately key and record patient information and laboratory orders into the information systems.
- Maintain competency in all phlebotomy procedures and protocols.
- Perform phlebotomy tasks.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Laboratory and Laboratory issues through consistent procedure review.
- Participate in department meetings, e-mail review and follows HIPAA, safety and accreditation requirements.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Phlebotomy Certification preferred
- 1-3 years of Laboratory experience preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.