Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Patient Registration – Nashua NH
Schedule: Part time 1-29 hours
Hours: 24 per week
24 hours a week. Varied shifts, Part-Time.
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
Functions as Patient Registration Rep in the Patient Registration and Admissions departments.
Registration: Receives and registers patients arriving via ambulance and completes all clerical follow through.
Admissions: Communicates with the Emergency department, Admissions/Resource nurse and physician offices to verify orders. Assigns patient beds in Soarian Financials to the appropriate clinical cluster
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year related experience required plus a minimum of 6 months cross training in Admissions Registrar Role
- Healthcare / customer service experience.
- Knowledgeable in insurance /managed care policy and procedure.
- Able to collect Emergency Department copayments and initiate cash posting.
- Ability to function in a high-stress, multi-task environment.
- Able to operate multi telephone lines.
- Able to maintain composure in crisis situations pertaining to Emergency room.
- Perform all responsibilities with minimal supervision.
- Take initiative with problem resolution.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.