Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Patient & Family Services
Schedule: Part Time
Who We Are:
Southern NH Medical Centers strives to keep patients on a continuous track to discharge and receive the continuity of care that our patients and their families need. Our Patient and Family Services Department is the driving force to assure communication, respect, and safety follows our patients throughout the admission phase, all the way through the discharge process. This department includes a dedicated team of Case Managers, Social Workers, and Interpreters that ensure that all care is equal, and our patient's dignity is maintained above all else.
About the Job:
The Social Worker assesses and evaluates the patient’s health status and the patient’s/family’s significant other’s response to illness and provides supportive counseling and community resource referrals. They collaborate with the care team to educate patients and their families on next steps.
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct patient assessments
- Provide resources and community referrals for patient support services
- Care coordination with families, providers, and clinical team
- Educate families on advanced directives (coping strategies, housing, guardianship)
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work required
- Masters preferred.
- Experience in conducting patient assessments and providing patient support services required.
- Minimum of two years acute care/medical-surgical experience preferred.
- Professional certification in social work and LICSW licensure or additional certifications are desirable.
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Continuous earned time accrual
- Short-term, long-term disability, life & pet insurance
- Tuition Discounts & Reimbursement