Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Outpatient Diabetes Education
Schedule: Part time 1-29 hours
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
See some of the wonderful moments here!
The outpatient Clinical Nutrition Educator provides clinical expertise with patient-focused medical nutrition goals and objectives for pediatrics, adults and geriatrics. Population served includes persons with overweight/obesity, digestive health, lipid management, oncology, food allergies, chronic kidney disease and diabetes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Food and Nutrition Science from an accredited program: Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND) accredited dietetic internship.
- Maintains status as Registered Dietitian and is Licensed in the state of New Hampshire with training in all age groups.
- Member of Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics preferred.
- NDPP Health Coach and Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES) preferred.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in outpatient setting with patient teaching experience required.
- Experience teaching group classes and experience working in Weight Management Program, Oncology and Diabetics preferred.
- Self-motivated to keep current with best practices, formulary products and education for self.
- Must maintain 12 hours of continuing education in diabetes and educational principles every 2 years if not CDE required.
- CDE – Knowledge of DM, Management of DM, Teaching Learning Principles, Behavioral/Health Change Principles preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.