Foundation Medical Partners
Department: Orthopedics at Bone & Joint Center
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Hours: Mon-Fri 8-5
Sign-on Bonus Eligible!
Affiliated with Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, Foundation Medical Partners is the second largest multi-specialty group in New Hampshire and serves the greater Nashua community. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
We invite you to join our incredible team!
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
Responsible for applying and removing casts, splints and braces. Patient education involving the care of injuries and the use of crutches and other durable medical equipment, and maintaining equipment used in the setting of broken bones and applying traction.
· 2-year training program at a college or technical school. Certification required or eligible to test for certification.
· Must have strong knowledge of anatomy, physiology and medical terminology.
· Expert in the different materials and equipment involved in applying and removing casts, splints and braces.
· Basic use of computer and/or EMR.
· Knowledge of equipment utilized in Orthopedics and/or Sports Medicine.
· Effectively educate patients, families and staff on their injury.
· Demonstrates the proper use of crutches, braces, walkers and other aids to patients and or caregiver.
· Properly documents interactions, conversation in patient's electronic medical record.
· Must be able to effectively communicate verbally or in writing.
· Ability to serve as a patient advocate providing information to enable informed consent.
· Ability to demonstrate efficient management of time and resources
· Ability to collaborate with physicians and other care givers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.