Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Inpatient Occupational Therapy
Schedule: Per diem
Hours: 7 day coverage- variable
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
Provides occupational therapy services to inpatients and/or outpatients of all ages from birth through geriatrics with developmentally based exceptions (children under 17 years of age with certain neurological or developmental disorders and/or infants in the nursery or NICU).
· Graduate of accredited school of Occupational Therapy.
· Current (or pending) licensure in occupational therapy in the State of New Hampshire.
· Understanding of professional code of ethics and standards of practice.
· Possesses time management skills.
· Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Basic computer skills.
· Sufficient dexterity and psychomotor skills to operate common PT/OT equipment as needed.
· Physical ability to respond to emergency patient care needs, e.g., initiate evacuation procedures.
· Sufficient strength, mobility, and visual/auditory perception to ably guard and support patients while ambulating on flat surfaces and stairs.
· Ability to observe, perform, interpret and analyze evaluations and treatments as they relate to patient care.
· Capacity to respond in a rational, appropriate manner to emergency situations.
· Ability to prioritize required.
· Ability to work in demanding, stressful environment with sufficient concentration to complete patient treatment goals even with interruptions and distractions.
· Demonstrates professional conduct, appearance, and communication.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.