Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Interpreter Services
Schedule: Per Diem
Who We Are:
Southern NH Medical Centers strives to keep patients on a continuous track to discharge and receive the continuity of care that our patients and their families need. Our Patient and Family Services Department is the driving force to assure communication, respect, and safety follows our patients throughout the admission phase, all the way through the discharge process. This department includes a dedicated team of Case Managers, Social Workers, and Interpreters that ensure that all care is equal, and our patient's dignity is maintained above all else.
About the Job:
The Medical Interpreter performs interpretation services to assist non-English speaking and limited English proficient patients receiving care within the Southern New Hampshire Health System. They serve as a neutral party in the transfer of accurate information between staff and the patient and family as well as establish the appropriate environment for effective communication.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with diverse populations from various cultures, economic backgrounds, and age groups.
- Consecutive or simultaneous translation
- Advocate for each patient and collaborate with the care team
Who You Are:
- Completed 40-hour Medical Interpreter Training Program/Certificate Required
- HS Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience with simultaneous interpreting.
- Fluent in English and target language
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short-term, long-term disability, life & pet insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement savings plans
- Continuous earned time accrual