Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Interpreter Services
Schedule: PER DIEM
Hours: Per Diem
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you looking to grow your career while looking for the best fit for your skills? At Southern NH Medical Center, we offer career development for not only seasoned healthcare workers but for those who are also looking to get their first step into healthcare.
See what else SNHMC has to offer!
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
The Medical Interpreter performs interpretation services to assist non-English speaking and limited English proficient patients receiving care within the Southern New Hampshire Health System. He/She serves as a neutral party in the transfer of accurate information between staff and the patient and family. He/She establishes the appropriate environment for effective communication.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- A 40-hour medical interpreter training program or certificate required.
- Fluent in English and target language.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft office.
- Ability to work with diverse populations from various cultures, economic backgrounds, and age groups.
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Within 90 days:
- Consecutive or simultaneous translation
- Advocacy skills
- Cultural competency
- Within 90 days:
With open communication from all levels, and transparency and visibility from our leadership teams, our nurses are empowered to make decisions to promote patient comfort, enhance safety, and improve care, where every nurse has a voice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.