Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Sterile Processing
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 6:30am-3:00pm rotating weekends and holidays
Lead Sterile Processing Technician
Who We Are:
The Sterile Processing Department is the foundation of surgical and procedural areas within hospitals, ASC’s and clinical arenas. SPD has a strong focus on teamwork within the department and surgical services. At SNHMC we are currently servicing 25+ departments, and foundation facilities. Our department runs with three shifts during the week and rotating weekends and call for weekend coverage. With entry level positions and room for career advancement, sterile processing technicians play a critical role in the sanitation and infection control efforts of a healthcare facility.
About the Job:
As a member of the Surgical Services team, the Lead Processing Technician provides leadership and guidance to technicians and assists the supervisor with daily operations. The Lead Processing Technician collects used supplies for decontamination according to schedule and as needed. Using manufacturers’ instructions, the Lead Processing Technician decontaminates instruments and equipment and then packages and sterilizes instrument sets. This role works collaboratively with the Surgical Services team and reports to the Sterile Processing Supervisor.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist supervisor with daily operations. Provide leadership and guidance to technicians. Instruct technicians in new procedures and techniques. Assign and coordinate daily responsibilities of technicians utilizing OR schedule.
- Collect used supplies for decontamination according to schedule and as needed.
- Decontaminate instruments and equipment using manufacturer’s instructions.
- Prepare instrument sets for sterilization using manufacturer’s instructions
- Participate in monitoring/control of OR inventory.
Who You Are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Achieve certification within one year of hire.
- Two to three years of Sterile Processing Department experience
- Knowledge of medical terminology and technical terminology related to Sterile Processing
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability in the application of team building principles.
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- Within 90 Days: Instrument inspection and decontamination, Perform instrument sterilization and packaging, Operate and troubleshoot various sterilization machines, Case preparation, Computerized documentation, Sterilizer quality audits
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Southern NH Medical Center is a 4-time Magnet designated hospital
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid training courses for continued career progression
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.