Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Laboratory Services – Nashua NH
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Hours: 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
See some of the wonderful moments here!
Supervises the laboratory activities for the second and third shift staff to maintain and provide the highest quality testing, customer service, and patient care. Works closely with the Phlebotomy Supervisor and the Non-Technical Manager to maintain appropriate staff coverage, processes and quality initiatives.
- Associates Degree in medical laboratory technology required. Bachelor of Science in a science curriculum preferred.
- Possess Clinical Laboratory Certification such as ASCP, AAB, or CLS.
- Three to five years of experience with increasing responsibility directly related to clinical laboratory. Meets the qualifications of a General Supervisor as defined by CLIA regulations -CFR 42 493.1461 required. Possess higher training in the clinically assigned department preferred.
- Familiar with CLIA regulations, quality control evaluation, proficiency testing requirements and safety requirements
- Ability to operate various clinical laboratory instruments. Strong written and verbal communications. Demonstrated leadership qualities required. Has implemented new testing systems, written procedures and policies and has performed budget planning preferred.
- Possesses written and verbal skills which clearly communicate testing protocols and training for the staff. Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.