Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: The Birth Place
Schedule: Full Time
The Birth Place at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center is designed with family in mind, including spacious, private rooms that are filled with natural light and all the comforts of home. Our teams work with patients to ensure the experience throughout pregnancy, labor and delivery, and post-partum are as easy and comfortable as possible, and that parents & babies have the support and resources necessary to meet their specific healthcare needs and birthing plan goals.
See what else SNHMC has to offer!
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Birth Place Support Service Worker identifies and collects instruments and equipment for obstetrical procedures and assists the obstetrical team during patient's stay. He/She completes tasks associated with room turnover. The Support Service Worker responds appropriately to emergency situations, works under the direction of the Clinical Manager/Resource Nurse.
The Birth Place is a 19-room labor, delivery, and post-partum department that cares for 1,200-1,300 babies and their families annually throughout their stay at the Medical Center. The Birth Place is staffed 24/7 by Obstetricians and Certified Midwives.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Experience in a health related environment preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to acquire the following competencies within 90 days:
- Maintain readiness of instruments and fetal monitoring equipment
- Set up for obstetrical procedures
- Preparation instrument decontamination
With open communication from all levels and transparency and visibility from our leadership teams, our nurses are empowered to make decisions to promote patient comfort, enhance safety, and improve care, where every nurse has a voice.
Learn more about what it's like working at Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.