Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Infection Prevention
Schedule: Part time 1-29 hours
Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am-4:30pm
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you looking to grow your career while looking for the best fit for your skills? At Southern NH Medical Center, we offer career development for not only seasoned healthcare workers but for those who are also looking to get their first step into healthcare.
See what else SNHMC has to offer!
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
The infection prevention specialist is a key person on the infection prevention team. The infection prevention specialist is responsible for the facility’s activities which are designed to provide a safe environment and to help prevent the development and transmission of communicable diseases and infections. He/She ensures that existing standards and guidelines from professional organizations are incorporated into the infection prevention and control program. The IP conducts rounds, discusses and monitors infection prevention practices with staff members, collects infection data from departments, maintains records for each case of healthcare-associated infection, conducts outbreak investigation, trains staff members on implementation of infection prevention practices, investigates incidents of infections and reports such incidents to the appropriate person/department, and ensures availability of supplies required for infection prevention activities
- Bachelor's degree in nursing or other science-based health profession. Master's degree preferred. Training in the fields of epidemiology, statistics and infection prevention best practices.
- Certified in Infection Control or certification eligible. Must attain certification within 2 years of hire.
- Current professional licensure in the State of New Hampshire, if applicable.
- 0 – 3 years in a healthcare setting.
- Basic Microbiology, Healthcare processes, Basic cleaning, disinfection and sterilization.
- Computer and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Microsoft office suite skills
- Function effectively in crisis mode.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities.
- Function independently when necessary.
With open communication from all levels, and transparency and visibility from our leadership teams, our nurses are empowered to make decisions to promote patient comfort, enhance safety, and improve care, where every nurse has a voice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.