Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Patient Accounts – Nashua NH
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Hours: Mon-Fri 8a-4:30pm
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
Serves as a resource to our patient community to provide assistance in finding all available means to assist with the funding of their healthcare services. A Financial Counselor is knowledgeable in assistance programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, Charitable Care and other payment options for healthcare services.
· Must obtain and maintain financial counseling credentials. High school or higher education.
· ACA certification for the federal marketplace.
· Must have at minimum 3-5 years pertinent experience in a healthcare setting as a customer service representative, financial counselor or other qualified role.
· Must have detailed knowledge of available financial assistance programs. This knowledge will include program qualifications such as health status, income guidelines and other pertinent criteria.
· Must have excellent interpersonal and telephone skills. Must have effective written and verbal communication skills. Must possess patient interview techniques
· Must have the ability to prioritize workload and possess ability to meet tight time frames. Must have the ability to work under minimal supervision, is detail oriented and possess problem-solving skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.