Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
** $5,000 Sign on Bonus **
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
In collaboration with the Director of Emergency Management, Director of Security and Facilities Operations Manager, provides leadership and oversight for the environmental safety programs of Southern New Hampshire Health (SNHH) to ensure safety for all patients, employees, providers, and visitors at SNHH facilities. Also responsible for directing and managing the Medical Center’s Environment of Care and Life Safety Program to ensure compliance with all regulatory agencies including CMS Accreditation Body, National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of relevant codes and standards associated with regulatory agencies such as the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Joint Commission (JC). Must have working knowledge of safety engineering principles, risk management, industrial hygiene, and hazardous materials management. Comprehensive knowledge in the area of specialty with a result oriented and environment of care centered focus.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, oral, written, and interpersonal skills for purpose of developing, writing, presenting, and implementing various programs and policies.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments. A strong commitment to service excellence, environment of care and life safety standards, cost efficiency, performance enhancement and high business ethics is required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering or technical science discipline required.
Licensure / Certification
- Must be designated as or working towards the Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals or other safety certification recognized by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) or the American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE).
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience showing progressive environment of care and life safety development in a healthcare setting.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.