Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: House Support
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you looking to grow your career while looking for the best fit for your skills? At Southern NH Medical Center, we offer career development for not only seasoned healthcare workers but for those who are also looking to get their first step into healthcare.
See what else SNHMC has to offer!
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Patient Care Support Assistant performs a variety of roles based on the needs of the department. The Patient Care Support Assistant role encompasses patient transporter, patient safety attendant, door screener, and direct care tasks of feeding and ambulating patients. This position provides essential support to the clinical staff or facility. The PCSA assumes a role under the direction of the House Supervisor and works under the direction of the manager/director/supervisor of the assigned area.
The Medical/Surgical/ICU Float Pool is a robust team with strong adaptability skills and compassion for being team players in departments that need help. The House Support staff provides comprehensive and compassionate care to adolescent and adult patients with a variety of medical and surgical diagnoses including cardiac patients, patients with high-risk health problems, and general post-operative care. This team is an excellent role for any budding nursing students looking to explore different specialties and get to know our healthcare system.
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- No experience required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and react appropriately
- Ability to prioritize assignment
- Ability to recognize when to seek assistance
- Ability to communicate with the public
- Ability to achieve the following competencies:
- De-escalation techniques
- Use of safe handling and transport equipment
- Recognition of change in patient condition
- Patient monitoring and safety checks
- Ability to check temperature
- Care tasks of patient feeding and ambulation
With open communication from all levels, and transparency and visibility from our leadership teams, our nurses are empowered to make decisions to promote patient comfort, enhance safety, and improve care, where every nurse has a voice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.