Southern New Hampshire Health System
Department: Endoscopy/ACU – Nashua NH
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Endoscopy Technician is responsible for the routine care, reprocessing, and maintenance of endoscopic equipment according to standards of infection control, unit, and organizational policies/procedures, and manufacturers' instructions. The Endoscopy Technician is also responsible to assist with the room turnover and maintain appropriate levels of inventory as well as assist the endoscopy team by carrying out other area tasks. The Endoscopy Technician works under the direction of the Resource Nurse.
· High School diploma or GED.
· NH Medical Technologist registration
· Some medical terminology and technical terminology
· Effective verbal and written communication skills -to convey information effectively and timely when needed
· Reading comprehension- to read and understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents
· Possess active listening skills- give full attention to information heard, be able to understand the information heard, ask questions (without interruptions) as appropriate,
· Operation monitoring- able to observe endoscope reprocessing equipment is functioning properly
· Ability to achieve the following unit-specific competencies:
Within 30 days:
o Endoscope equipment reprocessing/disinfection
o Room turn over
Within 90 days:
o Materials management
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.