Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Endoscopy/ACU – Nashua NH
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Endoscopy Procedural Technician will successfully complete a competency-based orientation program to become proficient in serving the inpatient and outpatient population requiring endoscopy procedures. To function as an integral member of the endoscopy team by performing a variety of duties which assist the endoscopist in carrying out a safe endoscopy procedure with optimal results for the patient. The Endoscopy Procedural Technician is also responsible to assist with the room turnover, maintain appropriate levels of inventory, and routine care, reprocessing, and maintenance of endoscopic equipment according to standards of infection control, unit, and organizational policies/procedures, and manufacturers’ instructions. The Endoscopy Procedural Technician works under the direction of the circulating RN, Resource Nurse, and unit managers.
- High School Diploma required or equivalent.
- NH Medical Technologist registration completion preferred on hire or required within 30 days of hire
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certificate or completion preferred on hire or required within 30 days of hire.
- Certification as Central Services Endoscopy Technician preferred.
- Prior Endoscopy Procedural Technician or Sterile Processing experience preferred.
- Some medical terminology and technical terminology required.
- Knowledge specifically related to Endoscopic Reprocessing/Sterile Processing preferred. Knowledge of Gastrointestinal tract and Respiratory tract disease processes preferred. Knowledge of Infection control processes preferred.
- Ability to achieve the following unit-specific competencies:
Within 30 days:
- Endoscope equipment reprocessing/disinfection
- Room turn over
- Familiarity with digestive tract, disease processes and related endoscopy procedures.
Within 90 days:
- Familiarity with tools and equipment necessary to assist in endoscopy procedures
- Materials management
Within 180 days:
- Maintain and troubleshoot endoscopy/procedural equipment
- Competent to assist in technical role with Emergent and complex procedures (i.e. ERCP, Bronchoscopy, EBUS, etc.)
Within 1 Year:
- Proficient in routine GI procedures
- Proficient in technical role for Emergent and complex procedures (i.e. ERCP, Bronchoscopy, EBUS, etc.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.