Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Endoscopy/ACU – Nashua NH
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Are you looking to make a difference in your community? Are you looking to grow your career while looking for the best fit for your skills? At Southern NH Medical Center, we offer career development for not only seasoned healthcare workers but for those who are also looking to get their first step into healthcare.
See what else SNHMC has to offer!
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short-term disability, long-term disability, and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
As a member of the Patient Care Services team, the Endoscopy Procedural Technician will successfully complete a competency-based orientation program to become proficient in serving the inpatient and outpatient population requiring endoscopy procedures. To function as an integral member of the endoscopy team by performing various duties that assist the endoscopist in carrying out a safe endoscopy procedure with optimal results for the patient. The Endoscopy Procedural Technician is also responsible for assisting with the room turnover, maintaining appropriate levels of inventory, and routine care, reprocessing, and maintenance of endoscopic equipment according to standards of infection control, unit, and organizational policies/procedures, and manufacturers’ instructions. The Endoscopy Procedural Technician works under the direction of the circulating RN, Resource Nurse, and unit managers.
- High School Diploma required or equivalent.
- NH Medical Technologist registration completion is preferred on hire or required within 30 days of hire
- BLS (Basic Life Support) certificate or completion preferred on hire or required within 30 days of hire.
- Certification as Central Services Endoscopy Technician preferred.
- Prior Endoscopy Procedural Technician or Sterile Processing experience preferred.
- Some medical terminology and technical terminology are required.
- Knowledge specifically related to Endoscopic Reprocessing/Sterile Processing is preferred. Knowledge of Gastrointestinal tract and Respiratory tract disease processes is preferred. Knowledge of Infection control processes is preferred.
- Ability to achieve the following unit-specific competencies:
- Within 30 days:
- Endoscope equipment reprocessing/disinfection
- Room turn over
- Familiarity with digestive tract, disease processes and related endoscopy procedures.
- Within 90 days:
- Familiarity with tools and equipment necessary to assist in endoscopy procedures
- Materials management
- Within 180 days:
- Maintain and troubleshoot endoscopy/procedural equipment
- Competent to assist in technical role with Emergent and complex procedures (i.e. ERCP, Bronchoscopy, EBUS, etc.)
- Within 1 Year:
- Proficient in routine GI procedures
- Proficient in technical role for Emergent and complex procedures (i.e. ERCP, Bronchoscopy, EBUS, etc.)
- Within 30 days:
With open communication from all levels, transparency, and visibility from our leadership teams, our nurses are empowered to make decisions to promote patient comfort, enhance safety, and improve care, where every nurse has a voice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.