Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Patient Care Services
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: 7:30am -4pm
DIRECTOR OF WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
Who We Are:
At Southern New Hampshire Medical Center, a four-time Magnet designated hospital, our nurses are engaged in creating exceptional patient outcomes in a supportive work environment. Nurse are empowered to improve patient care through shared governance and evidence-based practice. These core values are why our nurses love working here!
Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has been recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center as a Magnet hospital since 2006. The Magnet credential represents the gold standard for an organization that supports autonomous nursing practice and interprofessional collaboration to maintain the highest quality of care.
About the Job:
In collaboration with the Chief Nursing Officer, Human Resources, and leaders from across the organization, creates an environment focused on workforce development, career advancement, retention, and a pathway for employees to flourish. Works to educate and expand opportunities for current and potential employees by providing educational guidance and career counseling.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with Chief Nursing Officer, HR Business Partners and leaders across the organization to look for career growth opportunities within the organization for employees and assists with advancement
- Support current workforce development programs and explores new innovative development programs for employees.
- Provide individual career counseling to employees to help them understand and pursue opportunities for professional development
- Work with employees to create individual development plans.
- Provide outreach to local schools to engage students in potential career opportunities to include the establishment of internship or residency programs.
- Work with HR Business Partners and leaders to create coaching, mentoring and succession planning programs.
- Attend college and career fair functions with the HR recruiting team
- Supports the clinical advancement program with a focus on professional development.
- Assist in the development of a standardized curriculum to help develop core competencies within the chosen career path.
- Supports clinical mobility of staff within the health system to keep employees motivated and satisfied in their careers.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (or equivalent) from an accredited institution required.
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the state of NH
- Ability to network in the community to promote career opportunities within the health system
- Prior experience in the development of a standardized curriculum to help develop core competencies within the chosen career path, supporting the clinical advancement program with a focus on professional development.
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Southern NH Medical Center is a 4-time Magnet designated hospital
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid training courses for continued career progression
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.