Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: Food Service – Nashua NH
Schedule: Per Diem
Hours: As Needed
Who We Are:
Southern NH Medical Center has been in the heart of Nashua for more than 100 years. The medical center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of Southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
About the Job:
The Customer Service Worker – Retail works primarily in the cafeteria operation, handling cash and credit transactions from customers. Assist in setup and serving of food from counters and steam tables. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations. Functions as a cashier. Provides support to the retail operation, including setup, maintaining supplies and products, and assisting in cleanup and closedown. Handles varied duties in the efficient operation of the cafeteria. Restocks, cleans and organizes service and equipment, works as a cashier, and assists in food preparation and display.
What You’ll Do:
- Operates a cash register (or equivalent) and any peripheral equipment (scanners, badge/card readers, printers, etc…), receives payments of cash, checks and charges from customers or employees for goods or services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.
- Responsible for accurate ring of proper PLU for sale items and/or accurate barcode scan.
- Might also be required to prepare for service before the meal and clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, vacuuming the floor, cleaning chairs, ensuring the acceptable appearance of the dining area).
- May set up and stock the beverage area, grab and go items, service ware and condiments or other assigned areas.
- Sets up stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Verifies accuracy of menu items and pricing across all platforms (cash register, printed and electronic menus, signage, etc…) and alerts management of any discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
Who You Are:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience preferred.
- ServSafe or similar food safety awareness training preferred.
- 4 years of experience in customer service and cash handling. 2 years of experience in customer service required.
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Strategic Balance: We acknowledge the importance of work-life equilibrium and offer an environment that respects your commitments both within and outside the workplace.
- Professional Advancement: Join an organization that actively fosters your professional development. We provide opportunities for skill enhancement, learning from industry leaders, and refining your managerial acumen.
- Recognition and Appreciation: Your contributions are celebrated here. We acknowledge milestones, applaud achievements, and recognize the pivotal role each team member plays in our shared success.
At Southern NH Health, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive benefits to our benefit’s eligible employees such as medical, dental, vision and other unique benefits to include:
- Health, dental, prescription and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Short term disability, long term disability and life insurance coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Competitive pay
- Sign-on & Employee Referral Bonuses
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid Training Courses
- & So much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.