Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Schedule: Full-time 30+ hours
Hours: 7:00a-7:30p, every other weekend, 36 hours/week
In collaboration with the Unit Director and as a member of the nursing leadership team, the Clinical Teacher identifies the educational needs for the staff on assigned unit and implements and evaluates educational strategies designed to meet those needs. The Clinical Teacher serves as a clinical expert to staff to facilitate the provision of patient-centered, evidence-based care to the population served. As a transformational leader, the teacher serves as a clinical role model, facilitates change and promotes an environment of teamwork and collaboration. The Clinical Teacher works in collaboration with the Clinical Development Department.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required or the ability to complete within one year of hire.
- Current NH licensure as a registered nurse.
- Minimum of two years progressive clinical experience in specialty area
- Teaching/learning strategies
- Knowledge and skills acquired through nursing education and practice
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated mentoring skills
- Computer skills, included but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point
- Ability to achieve the following competencies within 90 days:
- Unit-based competencies
- Assessment and evaluation strategies
- Class development
- Use of teaching technologies
- Delivery of constructive feedback
- Timely recordkeeping
About Southern New Hampshire Health:
For more than 100 years, Southern New Hampshire Medical Center has honored our mission: to improve, maintain, and preserve the overall health and well-being of individuals living in the greater Nashua area by providing information, education, and access to exceptional health and medical care services.
We have literally been at the heart of better health for Greater Nashua. Our main downtown campus, a familiar landmark for generations, has grown along with the Gate City. Today, The Medical Center and our affiliated doctors and services extend across much of southern New Hampshire. Along with our growth has been the opportunity for many to build and enhance their careers within our organization. We encourage the professional and personal development of our employees and are proud of the workplace culture we have developed.
At Southern New Hampshire Health, we believe in the little moments and the power of small gestures. It is our desire to make every patient, family or visitor interaction meaningful.
You'll see some of these wonderful moments in our new video “We believe in the little moments…”
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.