Southern New Hampshire Medical Center
Department: The Birth Place
Schedule: Per Diem
Childbirth Educator- The Birth Place- SNHMC
Who We Are:
The Birth Place is an 18-room labor, delivery and post-partum department that cares for families and babies throughout their stay at the Medical Center. The Birth Place is staffed 24/7 by Obstetricians and Certified Nurse Midwives.
About the Job:
The Nurse Educator will be responsible for providing professional nursing care under the supervision of the Director of Nursing. The Nurse Educator will develop, coordinate and deliver continuing education programs.
What You’ll Do:
- Assess participants for education needs.
- Identifies high risk patients and families.
- Assist in development and revision of educational materials.
- Participate in promotional activities.
- Offer individual special needs education as indicated.
- Serve as an advocate to assist parents.
- Maintain a current knowledge base of childbirth education and obstetrical best practices.
Who You Are:
- Registered Nurse with current NH or compact state license
- Graduate with an Associate of Science in Nursing (or equivalent) from an accredited institution
- Certified in Childbirth Education
- Trained in BLS/CPR
- Holds at least 2 years of professional nursing experience with at least 1 year in Ambulatory Care Nursing
Why You’ll Love Us:
- Southern NH Medical Center is a 4-time Magnet designated hospital
- Health, dental, prescription, and vision coverage for full-time & part-time employees
- Competitive pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Education & Paid training courses for continued career progression
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.